Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Yoohoo, Sununu ~ Shut Up!


Photobucket


I honestly don't know where ex-Governor of New Hampshire John Sununu has been all these years, but I wish he would go back there and stay off the television talk shows.

The Romney campaign dragged him out of a vault and labeled him a "surrogate." What could go wrong, right? LOL ~ Well, he seems to have caught the same strain of infectious stupidity that the rest of the surrogates are carrying.

"I wish this President would learn how to be an American."

(That's rich - Sununu's father was Palestinian, and his mother was from El Salvador. John was born in Cuba, while Obama was born in Hawaii. Who probably knows more about being an American than someone who is . . . American? Mitt Romney was born in Mexico - your point?)


"This guy (President Obama) doesn't understand how to create jobs. So it's no surprise on why he failed so miserably the past four years in terms of job creation. He has no idea how the American system functions. And we shouldn't be surprised about that, because he spent his early years in Hawaii smoking something, spent the next set of years in Indonesia, and frankly when he came to the U.S. he worked as a community organizer which is a socialized structure and then got into politics in Chicago. There has been no experience in his life in which he's earned a private sector paycheck that meant anything."



Ah, then came the non-apology apology to Wolf Blitzer on CNN:
SUNUNU: Well, I said the - first of all, I was responding to the president's really terrible remarks in Virginia over the weekend, where he told the businesspeople of America they shouldn't take credit for building their businesses. That clearly is insulting to them and - and, in my opinion, expresses a lack of understanding of how jobs are created.

I was making the point that in America, entrepreneurs deserve credit and there is an American formula for creating jobs. And I used that phrase three or four times in that call.

And - and I wanted to come back to that same theme in that riff that you just played there. And instead of saying that he's got to learn the American formula for creating jobs, I - I did say those words that are there. And, frankly, I made a mistake. I shouldn't have used those words. And I apologize for using those words.

But I don't apologize for the idea that this president has demonstrated that he does not understand how jobs are created in America. He thinks that jobs are created by giving grants to your cronies, to your bundlers and your contributors, like he did with Solyndra. Like he did with Vista (ph), like he did with the wind projects that took jobs out of this country. The common denominator is that they all had owners and investors that were bundlers and contributors to his campaign.

That's what he means, perhaps, when he says government creates jobs, American taxpayer dollars going to cronies.

BLITZER: So when you - . . . are you apologizing directly to the president?

SUNUNU: Yes, I'm apologizing for using those words. I shouldn't have used them.


No comments:

Post a Comment