Saturday, August 11, 2012

Snarkfest: Paul Ryan is Gabe from the Office

Photobucket

So today Mitt Romney announced that Paul Ryan is his running mate, and I've had a strange sense of deja vu. You see, back in 2008 on the day that John McCain announced he was choosing Sarah Palin as VP, I looked at her and thought - "Oh my God, she looks like Tina Fey - this will be great for Saturday Night Live!!!" And the rest is television history.

So today, I saw Paul Ryan up on the warship with Romney in Norfolk Harbor and all I could think of was that he looks just like Gabe Lewis from The Office. And since that actor works for NBC, just as Tina Fey did, my heart swelled with happiness for Saturday Night Live.

You would think Romney's handlers would have thought about this but . . . oh never mind.

And since there's plenty of time to analyze all the serious things about Paul Ryan that should scare everyone, such as his draconian view of Medicare and Pell Grants and the message of the Warship in the first place (Bomb Iran? Armageddon?), today I just want to indulge myself in his absolute "Gabe-Ness." He even wore this big black coat that reminded me of Gabe as "Honest Gabe" in the episode "Gettysburg." I couldn't be happier.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment