Monday, August 27, 2012

Romney's Interview with Politico

Photobucket

source: keepingitsarcastic.tumblr

Politico: Mitt Romney outlines his governing plan

Here are some quotes:

“I am who I am.”
Romney quoted that Popeye line three times in a 30-minute interview with POLITICO about his leadership style and philosophy . . .

. . .

“I don’t think everybody likes me,” Romney said. “I don’t believe that, by any means. But I do believe that people of this country are looking for someone who can get the country growing again with more jobs and more take-home pay, and I think they realize this president had four years to do that. … He got every piece of legislation he wanted passed, and it didn’t work. I think they want someone who has a different record, and I do.”

. . .

Bill Bain, the founder of Bain Capital, and J.W. “Bill” Marriott, a fellow Mormon and the CEO of the hotel chain carrying his name, are the most effective leaders he has ever been around: “I learned leadership by watching people.”

. . .

He rarely spends time thinking through past decisions or missteps made, which is one reason he has no regrets about the “birth certificate” joke: “I don’t look back. I don’t look back.”

. . .

“I was voted the president of my fraternity,” he said. “They don’t call them fraternities at Brigham Young University. They’re called Service Clubs. It was the Cougar Club. But you don’t get voted to be head of your group if you don’t get along with people, if you don’t connect with people.”

Photobucket
source: gifhound.tumblr.com

. . .

Romney said that one of his challenges would be not knowing “all the personalities there as I might. I don’t know each of the senators, particularly on the other side of the aisle. I don’t know all the congressmen and women, and one of the advantages of having Paul Ryan as part of the team is he does know those people well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment