Friday, October 12, 2012

Repubs Know Ryan Got a Whoopin'


Photobucket

Some of the GOP reactions to the Biden - Ryan Debate last night are priceless.



Yeah, I bet, LOL. Lehrer was a slug compared to Martha Raddatz. And while your boy Ryan tried to talk as fast as the Music Man, Biden managed to get more words in than Obama.

Sarah Palin had to say something, of course, and it was actually a sort of compliment made in Palin's Alaskinesque - Northern Shaman way: Joe Biden is the mighty musk ox of the tundra:

Via Mediaite
"Really tough format, Sean, for someone like a Paul Ryan or anybody else up against Joe Biden, when the moderator allowed one candidate to absolutely run roughshod over the conversation, over the opponent," Palin told Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity on Thursday night. "That’s a tough format. It reminded me ... of watching a musk ox run across the tundra with somebody underfoot. And in this case, when it came to style, it was Paul Ryan underfoot because of the moderator allowing Biden to do the interrupting, to kind of take control of the conversation."

The RNC released an unintentionally funny video with ominous music playing as Joe Biden laughs his head off. I dare anyone to watch this without giggling or at least smiling. Great job, Brownie - I mean Reince Priebus!


Peggy Noonan, who took Republican candidate Mitt Romney to the woodshed multiple times just a few weeks ago, now has jumped back on the GOP loyalty train, and is spinning like there's no tomorrow. She won't say that Biden won, but she won't say that Ryan lost either:







Tea Partier Erick Erickson wrote on Red State that Joe Biden spent half an hour "Braying like a Biblical Donkey," whatever that means.

Erick also went on Soledad O'Brien's show slamming the moderator, Martha Raddatz.
And remember while reading the following transcript that Erickson works for CNN now, so he is one of the so-called "journalists" he implies are covering for Raddatz. Also he seems to be insulting Soledad, who is his colleague now - ugh. In his comments he echoes Karl Rove because he misses Jim Lehrer who "got out of the way" and let Romney run roughshod over Obama. Ha - not so fun when the shoe is on the other foot, as it was last night.

CNN Transcript

ERICKSON: . . . I did think it was interesting in how much Martha Raddatz pressured Paul Ryan on specific policies and specifics of his proposals, and she didn't do that so much with Joe Biden. It's striking that for all the lack of specifics she may be getting from the Romney campaign, you're not getting them any more from the Obama campaign for what they're going to do for the next four years.

O'BRIEN: You know, you tweeted that about Martha. You tweeted this. I'm sorry, but I think Martha did an atrocious job as a moderator, lost control of both sides repeatedly.

ERICKSON: I absolutely think she did.

O'BRIEN: I think you've lost your mind.

ERICKSON: I think you're a journalists and journalists are going to give her cover. I thought she was horrible.

O'BRIEN: I've never met her before today. She walked by. I said hi.
In terms of information --

ERICKSON: Look, you've got to --

O'BRIEN: Let me just finish and I'll let you respond. Hang on a second.

ERICKSON: -- with Joe Biden and Paul Ryan.

O'BRIEN: Right. For me a moderator who let's them go at it each other a little bit so you can get the argument but then jumps in and moves it to the right direction that's very helpful as someone who was just watching. I got to watch it in the hall. Why do you disagree?

ERICKSON: Because I think she only interrupted to move the debate forward when Paul Ryan was speaking. She rarely did it with Joe Biden. She let Joe Biden do the interruption. Her wheel-house was foreign policy. Two-thirds of the debate was on foreign policy. And, you know, when you're debating foreign policy in a vice presidential debate, I guess that's all well and good but we have this unemployment number, jobs decline and I just think moderators shouldn't make the focus of the debate their wheel-house.

O'BRIEN: I'm going to disagree with you on that. I thought she did a terrific job, thought she was super strong. Did you think Jim Lehrer did a good job? We can disagree.

ERICKSON: At least -- I think with Jim Lehrer, at least he got out of the way and let them talk. I think when Joe Biden was so aggressive last night you need the moderator to intervene a little more. With Jim Lehrer, I thought he was asleep for most of the debate but wound up being substantive. I haven't been impressed with the moderators so far this year. But Candy Crowley will hit it out of the park, I guarantee.

O'BRIEN: Thank you, Erick.

No comments:

Post a Comment