Sunday, September 30, 2012

Paul Ryan Has no Time for Tax Questions

Photobucket


Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan wouldn't even tell Fox News today what the Romney/Ryan tax plan is all about. But ... but ... I thought Ryan was a numbers guy? Isn't that what they said back when he was nominated?

Not today, though. Mum's the word. And I wonder how this bodes for Romney in the debates? If his boy Paul can't explain the tax loophole situation on friendly Fox News, then how is Daddy Warbucks going to manage on stage in front of millions of voters who are already hostile to him as a candidate? Good luck with that, Mitt.

Maybe Ryan knew he couldn't do it without bringing up the 47% of moochers and parasites, or conjuring up the ghost of Ayn Rand. So, tick a lock.

Via Huffington Post
The Obama campaign has blasted the Romney-Ryan ticket for not providing details on how it would give Americans such large tax breaks without growing the deficit. Ryan reiterated in an interview on "Fox News Sunday" that the plan would drop taxpayers' bills by 20 percent without costing a dime, due to closed tax loopholes, but he was short on specifics when pressed by host Chris Wallace.

“You haven’t given me the math,” Wallace said in one exchange.

“I don’t have the ... It would take me too long to go through all of the math,” Ryan responded.

“But let me say it this way,” he went on. “You can lower tax rates 20 percent across the board by closing loopholes and still have preferences for the middle class for things like charitable deductions, home purchases, for health care. What we’re saying is people are going to get lower tax rates and therefore they will not send as much money to Washington.”

What was he going to say? "I don't have the permission?" or "I don't have the magic calculator with me?" or "I don't have the stomach to see the comments from the Left if I really told you what our plans are like?"

David Axelrod of the Obama Administration tweeted:



I think he and Romney really meant it when they said to ask AFTER the election.

No comments:

Post a Comment